Greenwich, situated in South East London has been another one of my favourite places. I’ve been a regular visitor here but hadn’t seen it for a while. So when I returned after several years I discovered 10 Ways to Have a Fun Day Out In Greenwich.
There are many places to see in and many things to do that you couldn’t possibly do it all in one day. You might just have to revisit!
Each time I return to this historical part of London, I make sure I alternate my trip.
1. A good starting point would be to visit Discover Greenwich, the visitors Centre and an information point.
2. Buy some treats at Greenwich Market.
3. Visit The National Maritime Museum where you will learn about hidden treasures and valuable history.
4. Relax and Picnic along Greenwich embankment or in Greenwich Park (Weather permitting).
5. Soak up the view and capture memorable pictures of the scenery, like the Peninsula, Canary Wharf and City of London at a distance.
6. Visit Cutty Sark – The historical sailing ship. You can make a day out of this visit! I’ve still got a lot more to see on this ship.
7. Meet up with friends and family and embark on an evening stroll along Greenwich embankment. Who knows, the tide might be low as it sometimes is, and you could even have fun throwing pebbles in to the Thames.
8. Brave it off and indulge on a boat ride from the Greenwich Pier to various destinations across London and beyond.
9. Visit the Old Royal Navy College where you will find more interesting history.
10. Spend some time at The O2 Arena. An entertainment venue that holds various concerts and a place to grab a bite to eat.
This list is not conclusive and is a only a snippet of what you will find in Greenwich. There is a lot more to see, so if you ever visit Greenwich on a day out or just passing by, feel free to add to this list. My journeys to Greenwich will always be memorable ones.