Posts may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to Journeywithbola at https://journeywithbola.com
This Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Journey with Bola is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customised links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilises cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
**Updated 25th May 2018**
**Further updated 17th April 2023**
My name is Adebola Akande and our website address is: https://journeywithbola.com
This blog is provided for general interest only and the views on this blog are mine.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal data, such as name, email address, personal and technical data, such as information about cookies.
Personal data is not just created by a user’s interactions with my site. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third-party embeds.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies and Contact forms
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Who we share your data with
https://journeywithbola.com does not share your data with third parties.
A Google Analytics plugin is placed on this site.
If you wish to request a file about your personal data held on my blog, contact me at https://journeywithbola.com
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
Data will not be shared with third parties. Third party tools are used as part of our day to day activity, which means that your information may pass through their systems. Below is a list of these tools along with a link to their GDPR compliance statement (where applicable).
Unlimited Web Hosting hosts our website https://www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk/terms/privacy-and-cookies-policy
WordPress.org hosts our emails https://automattic.com/privacy/
How will the information be used?
This is also under “What data is being collected”. All the information collected is only used to provide a newsletter to you or to respond to a comment that you have submitted on a post or an email sent to Journey with Bola.
How long will the data be stored?
You have the “right to be forgotten”: you may request that Journey with bola delete all data about you without undue delay or simply unsubscribe and our name and address will be deleted when you unsubscribe to Journey with bola Tips newsletter or contact us requesting that we delete your name and address.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bola Akande of Journey With Bola International House, 12 Constance Street, London, E16 2DQ
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on this site or by corresponding with us by e-mail, letter or otherwise howsoever. This includes information you provide when you register to use this site, when you subscribe to our services, when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on this site (such as making Contributions (as the term is defined in our Acceptable Use Policy)) and/or information that you provide when you contact us (e.g. to report a problem with this site). The information you give us may include your title, first and last names, an alias and your e-mail address.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to this site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, namely the domain name and Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type (e.g. Safari or Internet Explorer) and version number, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and screen resolution;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this site (including date and time of your visit); pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
INFORMATION THIRD PARTIES MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We use third party cookies on this site. Please read the paragraph below on “Cookies”.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us: We will use this information as follows:
- We will include your email address, first name, last name and your alias (if any) in a database of email addresses (which we will collate). We will use the information you give to us so that we may contact you as described in the following bullet points. We will use the email database that we collate to send you newsletters and to run advertising campaigns via email and to track the reception of that newsletter and/or advertising campaign. Please see below at “where we store your personal data” for information on where we will store this email database;
- to remember if you have used any of our Interactive Services or submitted any Contributions (as those terms are defined in our Acceptable Use Policy ) before;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of this site, when you choose to do so (for example, to post your Contributions to pages of this site);
- to contact you (via email or through this site) with replies to Contributions that you have made to this site;
- to notify you about changes to this site or changes to services offered on this site; and/or
- to ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer this site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve this site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of this site, if and when you choose to do so; and/or
- as part of our efforts to keep this site safe and secure.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information that we collect with selected third parties, namely to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to this site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of others.We are unable to control how other users of this site (including the general public) use your data.WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you do not feel comfortable with any of this, then please do not sign up or subscribe to this site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee and accept no liability for the security of your data transmitted to this site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.