For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bola Akande of Journey With Bola c/o Oakeshott Insurance Consultants, 42/47 Minories, Ibex House, London, EC3N 1DY.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on this site or by corresponding with us by e-mail, letter or otherwise howsoever. This includes information you provide when you register to use this site, when you subscribe to our services, when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on this site (such as making Contributions (as the term is defined in our Acceptable Use Policy)) and/or information that you provide when you contact us (e.g. to report a problem with this site). The information you give us may include your title, first and last names, an alias and your e-mail address.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to this site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, namely the domain name and Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type (e.g. Safari or Internet Explorer) and version number, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and screen resolution;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this site (including date and time of your visit); pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
INFORMATION THIRD PARTIES MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We use third party cookies on this site. Please read the paragraph below on “Cookies”.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us: We will use this information as follows:
- We will include your email address, first name, last name and your alias (if any) in a database of email addresses (which we will collate). We will use the information you give to us so that we may contact you as described in the following bullet points. We will use the email database that we collate to send you newsletters and to run advertising campaigns via email and to track the reception of that newsletter and/or advertising campaign. Please see below at “where we store your personal data” for information on where we will store this email database;
- to remember if you have used any of our Interactive Services or submitted any Contributions (as those terms are defined in our Acceptable Use Policy ) before;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of this site, when you choose to do so (for example, to post your Contributions to pages of this site);
- to contact you (via email or through this site) with replies to Contributions that you have made to this site;
- to notify you about changes to this site or changes to services offered on this site; and/or
- to ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer this site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve this site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of this site, if and when you choose to do so; and/or
- as part of our efforts to keep this site safe and secure.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information that we collect with selected third parties, namely to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to this site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of others.We are unable to control how other users of this site (including the general public) use your data.WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you do not feel comfortable with any of this, then please do not sign up or subscribe to this site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee and accept no liability for the security of your data transmitted to this site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.